Entranced in a watery dance, 'Sea Serpents' features two dragons submerged in deep tones of violets and aquamarines. The style of these particular dragons were inspired by a Lung Dragon, a legendary creature in Chinese mythology and folklore.
Creative Process: Raw cotton canvas is hand dyed with a combination of blue and purple dyes. The motifs are first drawn by hand and then cut into appliqués from a myriad of fabrics. Next, each appliqué is arranged on the canvas in an intricate collage. After the layout is complete, each appliqué is then sewn to the canvas with a decorative zigzag stitch. Fabrics used in this artwork are:
- Ankara Wax prints (dragon, seaweed)
- Indian block printed fabric (seaweed)
- Recycled fabric (wings, seaweed)
Dimensions: 43 x 57.8"
Artwork can be printed in the following options:
- Matte Canvas: 100% cotton, top grade professional canvas matte.
- Matte Paper: 100% cotton, museum grade white Fine Art and photo paper.
Please note: canvas is not stretched and will ship rolled.
This artwork is custom printed. Please allow 3 weeks for delivery.
As this artwork is custom printed, it can not be returned.